Youth Worker (Casual)- Open Custody/Open Detention Facility
We are seeking qualified individuals for the position of Youth Worker (casual) within the Open Custody/Open Detention Program. As a Youth Worker you will be responsible for providing direct care and supervision of youth who are serving a period of custody/ detention.
- post-secondary diploma in a Community and Social Service field.
- experience working in a youth residential setting an asset but not required
- Must possess above average skills at engaging and developing therapeutic relationships with youth ages 12-17.
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be adaptable, flexible and creative, consider unique qualities of each client, operate from a strength based, client centered approach or model of care; must be sensitive to the social, linguistic and cultural diversity of the youth, their families and their communities,
- Must be able to effectively work within a team environment
- knowledge of YCJA and CYFSA will be an asset
- Current criminal reference check – vulnerable Sector Screening (within 6 months) is required
- Must have a valid class G driver’s license, current First Aid/CPR certificate
- Must be available for shift work, days, evenings, midnights, and weekends
Please forward resume, cover letter and references to:
Kairos Community Resource Centre
Attention: Travis Godick, Facility Supervisor
Kairos values and supports employment equity and work place diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted