We are seeking qualified individuals for the position of Youth Worker (casual) within the Open Custody/Open Detention Program. As a Youth Worker you will be responsible for providing direct care and supervision of youth who are serving a period of custody/ detention.
- post-secondary degree or diploma in human services field with preference for those candidates with social work or child and youth worker backgrounds
- experience working in a youth residential setting an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to effectively work within a team environment
- Knowledge of YCJA and CYFSA will be an asset, but not necessary
- Current criminal reference check – Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
- Must have a valid class G driver’s license, current first aid, CPR certificate
- Available for shift work, days, evenings, midnights and weekends.
Please forward resume, cover letter and references to:
Kairos Community Resource Centre
Attention: Travis Godick, Facility Supervisor
Kairos values and supports employment equity and work place diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted