Youth Worker – Kairos Gang Prevention and Intervention Program.
40 hours per week- Contract Position May 2023 to March 31st.2024
Kairos CRC is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Youth Worker for an 11-month contract within our Gang Prevention and Intervention Program. As a Youth Worker you will be responsible for providing a range of services/interventions for youth ages 12-20 and their families that are responsive to the risk of gang involvement or gang involved youth.
Degree or diploma in Social Work / Social Service Worker, Child and Youth Worker or Onajigawin Indigenous Services and Eligible for registration in your respective college or association/ in current good standing.
Qualifications/ Skills /Accountabilities
- Must possess above average skills at engaging and developing therapeutic relationships with youth age 12-20 that are involved and/or at risk of gang involvement; possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be adaptable, flexible and creative, consider unique qualities of each client, operate from a strength based, client centered approach or model of care; must be sensitive to the social, linguistic and cultural diversity of the youth, their families and their community;
- Education /experience in delivering therapeutic services/programming to youth and their families;
- Education/ experience in utilizing evidence-based assessments to inform intervention strategies;
- Education/Experience in case management including assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating individualized service plans;
- Ability to facilitate community collaboration with key community partners;
- Ability to engage with families/ siblings, and work collaboratively to identify and support youth needs and address areas of risk for gang involvement;
- Deliver group presentations and build public awareness regarding program services;
- Must be flexible to work a variety of shifts, including evenings and weekends, and to travel to various locations within the City of Thunder Bay and surrounding municipalities, may include outside work to bring services and supports to youth who may be homeless;
- Must obtain a current Canadian Police Information Check with vulnerable sector screening;
- Must have a valid G driver’s license, use of own vehicle and ability to secure “business use” coverage through your personal auto insurance for the purpose of transporting clients.
Salary: $25.25-$27.27 per hour
Will accept resumes from student who are graduating Spring of 2023.
Kairos values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Email resume and cover letter to:
Linda Dacre, Executive Director
Closing date: April 21st.2023
Youth Worker (Casual)- Open Custody/Open Detention Facility
We are seeking qualified individuals for the position of Youth Worker (casual) within the Open Custody/Open Detention Program. As a Youth Worker you will be responsible for providing direct care and supervision of youth who are serving a period of custody/ detention.
- post-secondary diploma in a Community and Social Service field.
- experience working in a youth residential setting an asset but not required
- Must possess above average skills at engaging and developing therapeutic relationships with youth ages 12-17.
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be adaptable, flexible and creative, consider unique qualities of each client, operate from a strength based, client centered approach or model of care; must be sensitive to the social, linguistic and cultural diversity of the youth, their families and their communities,
- Must be able to effectively work within a team environment
- knowledge of YCJA and CYFSA will be an asset
- Current criminal reference check – vulnerable Sector Screening (within 6 months) is required
- Must have a valid class G driver’s license, current First Aid/CPR certificate
- Must be available for shift work, days, evenings, midnights, and weekends
Please forward resume, cover letter and references to:
Kairos Community Resource Centre
Attention: Travis Godick, Facility Supervisor
Kairos values and supports employment equity and work place diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted